Notices from Transport Malta
Transport Malta have issued the following notices recently
Training and certification of crew engaged on yachts and workboats (International voyages).
- The Merchant Shipping Directorate informs Seafarers and those involved in the industry about the six new model courses developed by the Directorate for accredited training centers to develop their own courses that provide seafarers with non-STCW certificates upon completion.
- Recreational Skipper,
- Master on Yachts Less Than Two Hundred (200) Gross Tonnage,
- Limited up to one hundred-fifty (150) nautical miles from safe haven,
- Workboat Module,
- Accredited Engine Course.
Guidelines on the issue of a Maltese Seaman’s Record book.
- The Merchant Shipping Directorate informs Seafarers and those involved in the industry about the Maltese Seaman’s Record book. This applies to seafarers who work on a Maltese registered commercial ship. The record book is valid for ten years.
- Seafarers or their representative shall apply for the Maltese Seaman’s Record Book online from the Seafarer online Portal.
Recognition of non-Maltese certificates of competence for service on Maltese ships.
- The Merchant Shipping Directorate informs Seafarers and those involved in the industry about the revision made by The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping 1978.
- Those seafarers working on ships and not holding the Certificate of Compliance issued by the flag Administration, shall apply for an Endorsement certificate.
- This is done though the Seafarer online Portal. The Endorsement Certificate is always kept on board and renewed every five years along with the Certificate of Compliance.