Advantages of Ship Registration in Malta
Through its experience and wealth of knowledge Flagport Ltd. is in a position to offer a one stop solution for entities who want to go through the process of Ship Registration in Malta making sure you avail of all the advantages available under the Maltese Flag.
What are the advantages of Ship Registration in Malta?
The Maltese Flag flag offers a multitude of advantages to ship owners who wish to consider ship registration process in Malta. Below are some of the advantages:
- The Malta Flag is a European Flag ranking first in Europe and the 6th largest, world-wide
- Competitive ship registration fees
- Attractive incentives to owners, registered charterers and financiers of Maltese vessels of over 1000 Net Tons
- The Maltese legal system is reliable thus offering robust protection to financiers
- No restrictions are imposed on the nationality of the shareholders and directors of Maltese Companies
- There are No restrictions on the nationality of Masters, Officers and Crew
- Zero restrictions on the sale of ships and mortgaging of Maltese ships
- There are no trading restrictions on Maltese ships
- English is one of the two official languages of Malta thus eliminating issues from translated documents prior to registration
- Straight forward and expeditious procedures for registration or deletion of vessels
- A professional and efficient maritime administration backed by a qualified and efficient team of technical officers available 24/7 for urgent matters
- Ships under construction and other types of vessels such as oil rigs, platforms and barges are permitted
- A number of double taxation and bilateral maritime agreements with other maritime nations.
Read more about Procedures related Ship registration in Malta here.
Flagport Ltd. is part of the Gollcher Group which offers a whole range of shipping services. For further information click on the following link: www.gollchershipping.com
Feel free to contact us if you have any enquiries on:
Email: [email protected] or Telephone: +356 25691550